Thursday, January 11, 2007

Full Circle

Well, it is 1:35 in the morning, so this could be a very interesting post. It will probably be full of spelling and grammar errors and a few incomplete sentences! To top it off...my head is pounding with a head-ache! But I felt a need to preserve this interesting day.....

Our adoption. We began when we found KJ in Haiti in June of 2005. Not one day has gone by without some time spent thinking about her and the future of our family. Anxiety of the unknown has been a constant companion. Anxiety is defined as -- a disturbance of mind regarding some uncertain event. I would add, we are excited! We met KJ, MV and R last May. Yep, we are adopting three amazing kids from Haiti!

HAITI! Somedays that is a bad word in our house! Like today. We got *another* phone call from our agency. Every time I see their number on my caller ID, I hope it is FINALLY some good news. Well, for four months now......it has only been bad news. Today, another call, more bad news. This time, it appears evil forces are in motion. At least, after the call, I looked over at Mark, smiled a smug one and said "I just know the rewards will be sweet when she finally makes it home!" I should have been upset.....the call was to tell me the Civil Court had been vandalized and therefore it was closed. So, after four months our file is still being held hostage by the court, which by the way, before we entered was taking 3 to 4 weeks. The previous bad news call, was to tell me that the orphanage director had an appointment with the court for KJ's birth parents (because they finally decided after three months they wanted to interview the birth parents before they would release our file) to meet with the assistant Director at the court. This was on Wednesday, December 27. WELL, the RAT (asst. dir.) decided to go on vacation instead of keeping his appointment! UGH!

Full Circle.......because, TODAY for the first time.......I felt peace (after unleashing my frustration to Mike at Holt) THAT she really would come home and it really didn't matter when (to some degree). I just came full circle back to the beginning of this process, when it was so clear to me that she belonged with our family and it didn't matter WHAT problems we would encounter or HOW LONG it would take! SO, Lucifer, the dragon and slimy snake he is......can stir things up all day long, and in the end......it doesn't matter - my kids from Haiti will come home at just the right time......and all the anxiety we are all feeling, will be to our benefit in the end! YES, we will win this war! And YES, the effort in enduring will come with sweet rewards. I know this!

Now I need to go take a pill and go to bed.......my head is still pounding!

Au Revoir, Bon Nuit.
tash

No comments: