Friday, May 11, 2007

a series of photos....


























Here is a series of pictures taken of M and R over the last 18 months. Hopefully I got them in order. The first few are our referral pictures of them. I love these pictures! They bring back memories of a very special and spiritual time in my life. I really needed to see photos of them smiling so I asked if they had any pictures of them smiling....and I was sent these photos(dressed in yellow - We received these pictures 6 weeks before we traveled to Haiti to meet them.) Not exactly smiling! In fact R was crying. Later I found out he was crying because they hurried him away from his breakfast to take pictures before the adoption coordinator left for the airport. Don't mess with him and his food! And that goes for M too (we learned that while in Haiti!) The next two photos are my favorite pictures from our trip in May '06. We finally got our "happy" pictures of them. Next are photos taken in July '06 - this time they knew the photos were for us and they both had a new and happier look. I like to think belonging to a family changed their disposition for better. Oh, one of my favorite photos....M and her hair! This captures her sweet and fun personality.... then how beautiful she is wrapped up in the bright towels after swimming. R's sweetness was captured in his photo too. And the other photo....just happy to be eating! He sure knows how to eat! These are 4 of my favorite pictures from my trip back to Haiti in September '06. Next are a couple of pic's from January '07. Then we received a few surprise pictures from March '07 and finally our latest pictures from May '07. Notice they are wearing the same clothes but you can tell the photos apart by their hair. M's hair was styled differently and R *had* hair in March ;)

Boy have they changed! A good change. Now we just need to get them home and growing! Neither have changed much in weight and height over the last year.

We pray for our children in Haiti everyday - and we live for the updates and photos that come every three months. With each new update we read about their progress but mostly we *see* amazing progress to their sweet little spirits patiently waiting to belong and be with their family! As for us... we are trying -- to be patient.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Looks like we better be brushin' up on our cornrow skills...huh?