Saturday, March 17, 2007

A little choked up....


It is late and I'm not sure I can find words to describe this little picture. This is R. Like so many of his pictures - his life seems written in his expressions. Ironically, he doesn't care much for having his picture taken. Tonight, someone (I think it was Marisa) put this picture up as our screensaver on the computer.

It is late and I decided to make one last effort to find a little news about why our file has been stuck, with all of Foyer's files in IBESR. It has been another ridiculous Haiti drama we have been hearing reports about for the last 6 weeks. Anyway, as I turned on the monitor and up came this beautiful picture of R, I got all choked up. I hadn't seen this picture as big as my monitor before. In his eyes, I could barely make out a reflection of me with the camera. In his eyes, I see a little boy with hope and way too many worries. What a beautiful child, patiently waiting for that which his spirit knows is missing. A smart boy. A sensitive boy. A happy boy and a thoughtful boy. I've seen all of these things in this little boys pictures - yes, even the little boy who would rather not have his picture taken.

Every day.....I pray for him. I pray for Marie. I pray for Katiana. I pray they will really find their place as members of our family. I pray that all of us will find our new place. And I look forward to the pictures of the future. Of every one of us!

3 comments:

zeeny said...

Hey Tash,
I am basically sobbing right now reading this post. This is such a great picture of R with all the symbolism of your reflection in his eyes. I have not had the best week and life has seemed so dark for me. To read this post has made me reflect about the blessings I do have and has given me a bit of light. I love you.
Jeni

natasha said...

Oh Jeni-
I'm sorry you haven't had a good week! I wish there was an easy way to change the not so good days into great ones. Life certainly comes with many challenges...I do think our unique challenges shape us into the people the Lord needs us to be. Hang in there - He loves you, I know your husband loves you very much and so does ALL your family. I'm so lucky to have you as a sister.

Thanks for sharing with me about my post - I do hope next week will be brighter for you!!!

I love you!
tash

amelia said...

this is a beautiful picture, tasha. i can't wait to meet this little guy. and the girls, too, of course.

the world sometimes is dark and life can feel overwhelming when we can't see the light. but there's always some hope--always some beauty and light to help us chase darkness away.

i thought about these things a few weeks ago one night when i was reading the scriptures and blogged about it here: http://laughtear.blogspot.com/2007/01/light.html
just thought i'd share the link rather than type it all out again.

i really think the key to combatting the darkness we sometimes face in this world is to love each other. to let the light that lives in our souls shine as we reach out to others who need help.